2015 Race Series Info Coming 1/20/15
Congrats to all the Greensboro Race Series Participants. The 2014 banquet and awards ceremony is Monday, January 26, 2015 Time: 6:00PM to 8:30PM Location Spice Cantina 120 Barnhardt St. Greensboro, NC 27101 We hope to see you there!
The goal of the Greensboro Race Series is to highlight the area’s best events and reward runners who support those events. The 2013 series races are the perfect mix of events and distances. [check out the schedule]
We want to encourage people to participate regardless of their finishing times. Everyone is encouraged to enter the minimum number Greensboro Race Series events and qualify to attend the end of year banquet.
New for 2014… we have LOWERED the minimum number of races to 5. Now you can win your age group by participating in 5 GRS events. We will score your best 7. Confused? …don’t be. Here is the scoop. To win an award you must run 5. You can run all the races but we will score your best 7.
- Run 4 races… sorry out of luck. Can’t win an awrd
- Run 5 races… you can win an award. We will score all 5 races
- Run 6 races… you can win an award. We will score all 6 races
- Run 7 races… you can win an award. We will score all 7 races
- Run 8 races… you can win an award. We will score your top 7 races
- Run all the races… Congrats you are a monster. We will still only score your top 7 races.
You don’t need to be a mathematician to figure out the series scoring. To qualify for series awards you do have to meet these standards[read more]