2015 Greensboro Race Series
Date: Wed, February 3rd
Time: 6:00 – 9:00
Location: Elks Lodge, 2201 W. Cornwallis Dr., Greensboro, NC 27408
We are excited to present the 2015 Greensboro Race Series. The schedule for 2015 will be similar to 2014 except we are adding a great new half marathon. Welcome the Carolina Brewfest Half Marathon to the Greensboro Race Series… the race will be on May 2 and include post race full beer festival and live music. This should be a great new race for the GRS
The goal of the Greensboro Race Series is to highlight the area’s best events and reward runners who support those events. The 2013 series races are the perfect mix of events and distances. [check out the schedule]
We want to encourage people to participate regardless of their finishing times. Everyone is encouraged to enter the minimum number Greensboro Race Series events and qualify to attend the end of year banquet.
Participate in 5 GRS and you are eligible for the series banquet and age group awards. Want to run more than 5 races no problem, we will score your best 7 races. Confused? …don’t be. Here is the scoop. To win an award you must run 5. You can run all the races but we will score your best 7.
- Run 4 races… sorry out of luck. Can’t win an award
- Run 5 races… you can win an award. We will score all 5 races
- Run 6 races… you can win an award. We will score all 6 races
- Run 7 races… you can win an award. We will score all 7 races
- Run 8 races… you can win an award. We will score your top 7 races
- Run all the races… Congrats you are a monster. We will still only score your top 7 races.
You don’t need to be a mathematician to figure out the series scoring. To qualify for series awards you do have to meet these standards[read more]